Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Finishing was a Bust!

   I was trying really hard to get that last pin cushion finished for our EGA meeting on Tuesday but I just couldn't make it happen.  I haven't really done much hand sewing since high school, which was a really long time ago, and try as I might, I couldn't get the ends on that darned drum to save my life!!  Lucky for me, I have a friend who LIKES to do finishing! (I know, shocking to me too!)  She is coming with us to the beach in October and says she would be very happy to finish it for me while she is here.  YEAH!!  Needless to say, I slapped that puppy in a bag and put it away as quickly as possible!!!!
  Then, since I was free again to work on whatever I wanted to, I pulled AW 1662 back out.  This is the progress I have made since last post.

AW 1662
38 Ct Italian linen w/ DMC

I am really enjoying working on this and will continue to do so for a couple of days but will have to move back to birthday stitching this weekend (and hope I haven't cut my time too short!).
  At our EGA meeting on Tuesday we were given the pleasure of seeing Barbara Hutson of Queenstown Sampler Designs.  She gave a presentation on the  history of some of  her recent reproductions, a lovely sampler display, as well as a very interesting description of what is entailed in the purchase, conservation, and charting of the samplers she has in her collection. It is always so wonderful to see her.  She's so cheerful and so willing to share her knowledge.  Thanks for coming Barbara!!
  I brought my camera but didn't take any pictures. DUH.  The meetings are always so hectic for me (the treasurer) and it was all over before I thought to take it out of my bag!  But I did manage to scoop up a new sampler chart though!!

FB 1827
FB 1827
photo taken for
Barbara's website


 Small and lovely and as soon as the rest of the threads get here (I just got an email that they are in the mail) I will be starting it!!  I know, I know, supposed to be working on UFO's.  But we need those occasional new starts to keep the creative juices flowing!!!  And this is just a small one after all.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful stitching! How exciting that you got to hear Barbara! Her presentation sounds like it was very interesting. Love her designs.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, they make me smile!