Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Behind Already!

  So, I missed posting last week.  Thought I would  be able to maintain a schedule for longer than that but I guess that's just the way it goes.  Life certainly does seem to get in the way.  And today isn't supposed to be my posting day either but I won't be home tomorrow to do it and I'm not brave enough to try to post from my phone.
  Not posting but always stitching!  I started 2 new pieces after I finished Merry Christmas Ella Vaughn.  The first is a Plum Street that I have been chomping at the bit to get my hands on since I first saw it.  Tons of people posted pics of it from whichever retreat it was first offered at and it was love at first sight.  Too bad the rest of us have to wait so long to be able to get the chart!  So this is my meager start on Merry Hart.

36 ct PTP Ale
 with listed colors
This piece would have been much further along but I was so unsure about the linen and the colors.  Another case of the actual supplies look nothing like the picture on the chart. My pet peeve!!  I polled my stitch group ladies about the linen.  Then went insane with the red since it really looks red in the picture but is more pinkie/blue in real life.  Finally decided to ignore the picture and just see if I liked it for itself and it appears that so far, I do.
   While all the craziness was going on with the above piece, I had to have something to work on that brought me actual peace.  Stitching is my de-stressing device so when the stitching is causing stress that is a real problem!  Anyway, I have several SAL pieces that were supposed to be started in January that I haven't touched yet so I decided to get on one of those.  This is where I got with it before going back to Merry Hart.

40 ct. Lakeside pecan butter
with listed DMC

This is 3 Things by Moira Blackburn.  I have had this in my stash forever and it is nice to finally see it come to life.  It will go into the rotation now and be introduced to a few other SAL friends later.  I anticipate having quite the rotation going very soon!
   I don't think I will be doing any stitching for the next few days.  We are going to see the little princess and since I didn't even get the stitching out of the bag the last few times we visited, I don't think I will even bother to take it.  Who has time to stitch when you're kissing this sweet little face?



See you again soon,  Laura


7 comments:

  1. Yup, I wouldn't bother taking the stitching either! What a cutie! That PSS is on my want to stitch list. Yours looks great. Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is darling; what a happy little one! Your PSS piece is looking super. What red are you using for the flower? You are off to a good start on the Moira Blackburn sampler. Enjoy your visit with your grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Princess indeed!♥

    Super projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time kissing that cute little face!!I agree with you so much. It is always a problem for me when the color of the floss looks nothing like the picture. I am tending to do what I like and ignore the suggested floss. Sometimes I waste a bit of money but it is more important to be happy with my design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your PSS is looking great, love the Ale fabric.
    The Princes is too cute, look at those cheeks! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I wouldn't bother taking the stitching either! What a cutie! That PSS is on my want to stitch list. Yours looks great. Enjoy your visit!

    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก
    v

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, they make me smile!