I have had the worst time making progress on Ann Bowers! You have heard me complain on more than one occasion about how much slower it is working on the 45 ct. linen. But I have worked on this same linen before and do not remember having this much trouble. Then, it dawned on me that maybe it wasn't the linen at all but the needle!
I was using a 28 but I guess the end was too blunt and I was having a terrible time finding the holes, especially when trying to make 4 legs fit in the same hole!! It felt like I was just slogging along and was never going to get through this one band. When I posted just a couple of days ago, this is where I was, and not having much fun might I add!
Then I changed my needle to a John James Petite. My stitching speed really picked up and it felt like a hot knife moving through butter. And just a couple of evenings later, it now looks like this. (Keeping in mind that one of those nights was The Hubs' birthday so stitching time was limited.)
I am so thrilled with the progress on this piece! I am caught up with the May assignment now and although I am technically still behind since the June assignment is now out, I have hope about being able to keep up and maybe even finish this on schedule!
I don't know why it took me so long to figure this out. Must be another one of those signs of aging!! Darn it!!