Friday, February 1, 2013

Saved by my framer

   I was starting to get anxious about the amount of time it has been since my last post.  I am working ever diligently on Ann Grimshaw and see an end fast approaching but I didn't want to post another picture of her until I had her finished.  Since that is the only sampler I have worked on for nearly 2 weeks, I didn't have anything else to post about!
  Then, this morning the call came from my framer.  It had been a while since I dropped off those pieces and I expected her to call any day so I was really excited to hear that she finally had them ready.  You may remember that I had finished Christmas Rules early in January. I just love the way this turned out!

Christmas Rules
The frame is cherry and the outer bevel is black.  Hard to see I know but should be clickable.  Then I also picked up this one that my friend Tommye stitched for me for my birthday.  I love this one too!


  The frame on this one is actually a dark green and although not my usual style, I really like it.  (Also clickable to be able to see color.) I was having a hard time deciding what to do since my stand-by cherry really didn't work with this one and the Larson-Juhl rep, who just happened to be in the shop at the time, put this one on it and it was just perfect!
  I am working as fast as I can on Ann and should have a finish this weekend and shortly after, a new post.  Until then, keep on stitching!  Laura
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous framed pieces! Both frame choices are perfect. I can't wait to see your Ann Grimshaw, I have been spending my day with SDW today. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Rules!! Are you going to leave it up all year?

    RR Sampler looks great too. Can't wait to see the green frame in person.

    Never fret about posting too many progress pics. That's about all I ever do. That's what happens when you work on one project at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect choice of frames for both. How wonderful of Tommye to stitch you a sampler, friendship is a work of heart.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, they make me smile!