Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I'm Rotating as fast as I can!!

  The beginning of the month is always busy, with board meetings and  guild meetings, etc. so I don't get as much stitching done as I do later in the month.  I have been working on the pieces in my current rotation this past week and although progress has been made, I can't say  any 'assignments' have been completed this time.
  After I finished this months part of Quaker Medallion Sampler, I picked Snooty Parrots back up and worked on that a bit. I got a little cranky about the way the chart is done and put it away before the assignment was done. (Let me just say this, I appreciate when someone is trying to save paper.  But when a motif is cut in half and the continuation is on the back of the same page and there is no way to line up the parts to make sure you are counting correctly, that makes me cranky.  I know, I could make a copy of one page to line up with the other but doesn't that defeat the purpose of the 2 sided chart??!!  Just saying..)  So, this is where it stands now.

Snooty Parrots by Barbara Ana
40 ct. Lakeside Meadow Rue
with listed threads

  I still have an enormous floral arrangement to stitch before I finish for this month.  I plan to go back to this next but right now I am working feverishly on this!!

Dorothy Walpole by Scarlet Letter
40 ct. Lakeside Pecan Butter
with DMC threads

 Poor Miss Dorothy has been lying about for more than 2 years now.  I started her shortly after she was released and got just the vine in around the  left corner before she was put away.  I got her back out for Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year and got as far as the red symbol in the middle before she was relegated to the back of the closet again.  She was on the list to finish last year and I couldn't make it happen.   (Flamestitch Sampler is in this same boat but we won't go there just now!)  She is back on the list for this year and since she is in my current rotation, I actually have hopes of seeing her finished this year!!
  I have been working on the satin stitch alphabet this week.  I wasn't too sure about it when I first started, the single strand of DMC seems sparse in some places but I work under magnification and things look different when they are 3 times bigger!!  To the naked eye, it doesn't look too bad!




  I would like to get the over one verse, which is the next section, stitched before I put her down again.
     I still have 2 other pieces in my rotation to work on this month and I need to get to them soon.  I'm starting to think rotating 5 pieces is nuts!  I am much more comfortable with 3 but I guess sometimes we need to get out of our comfort zones!  Then again, I may get caught up with Dorothy and just work on her until I can't stand it any more!! We'll just have to see what happens.


4 comments:

  1. Dorothy is looking marvelous! Glad you're working on her again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by all the pieces you are working on, they all look great! I always have great intentions but then seem to have a lack of time. Love your Dorothy Walpole!! I love the fabric you have chosen, gives it a different look, seems to make the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. Dorothy is so pretty. I have never satin stitched letters! It looks a bit tricky to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Snooty Parrots and Dorothy both are looking great! I'm planning to work on Snooty Parrots myself today. I've fallen behind on that project. Those satin stitched alphabet letters look amazing! Good luck with that rotation.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, they make me smile!