I managed to get away for a few days to my friends house in NC last weekend. We had a lovely visit but neither of us did as much stitching as we normally do when we are together. It might have had something to do with the gorgeous weather but I couldn't say for sure!!
I did manage to get Elizabeth Shepard close to a finish while I was there. Then, over the next few days back at home, I put the finishing touches to her. Pleas excuse her wrinkles and folds. She's traveled a lot and is in need of a wash and press!
|40 ct. Lakeside Maritime white|
w/NPS conversion of my own
Once again, please excuse her condition. She spends most of her life in a bag!! I still need to get the last 2 letters in to have this one up to date but I was itching to get to work on Serenity Harbor.
I was really looking forward to working on this one but it has been a total nightmare! The Facebook postings of this have been fabulous, especially the conversions of the water to overdyeds. I have spent an unreasonable amount of time trying to work out the color changes to the water on mine. I have stitched and ripped several times and I am still not happy with what I have on the fabric (pictured above). At this point, I think I am just going to go back to the original colors, which I like anyway, and get on with it!!! It is such a pretty sampler and will be just fine the way it was charted!
So that's where I am at this point. Dorothy Walpole will now go into the rotation in Elizabeth's place. I hope to have a finish on her this year too. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!