I took it over in January and even though I had this job a few years ago, I am having a bit of a problem getting back up to speed. Add to that my bright idea of making it monthly and all of a sudden it seems to be taking over my life!! I got it out this afternoon though so I am once again free to pick up my needle and stitch to my heart's content. After I get this posted, of course!
So on to the stitching! That is after all what we all want to see when we visit someone's blog!! Well, after my last post, I continued working on Elizabeth Shepard and I am happy to say I got to see all of the colors at play in the first little section.
It may be hard to see, but there is a dark green, the predominate color, a brown, and a funky pink all in this corner.
Then, and this is the 'lost my mind' part, I decided I needed to start another BAP. Keep in mind that this piece is on no list that I have going for this year. It's not a SAL or a birthday present and as a new start, it's not even on the EGA Challenge list either. And it is huge!!! 341 x 341 to be exact. See, I have truly lost my mind!! Also, on 45 ct. linen because we all know I don't have enough projects stitched on 45 ct. going right now!!!
So this is Rhapsody in Red Ribbon Sampler by Sampler Cove. I have this entire series which consists of the sampler, a bunch of smalls and a box to carry them all in. I've had them all in my stash since they came out many moons ago and I came across them recently while crawling through my massive stash looking for something else.
|The top border is at the half-way point|
I started it on a Friday night and only allowed myself through Saturday to work on it. I am stitching it with the combination of Hand Dyed Fibers that were used in Spanish Rouge and the contrast is just wonderful! I love this and need to somehow keep it in the rotation.
Pic of the chart. A large, lovely, red sampler. How could I go wrong??!!
The Sunday of this weekend was February 1st and I thought that would be a fine time to get back to something that is close to being finished. I have several large SAL pieces I carried over from last year and Ann Bowers is the one I felt was closest to a finish. This is what she looked like when I worked on her last. From the date on the picture, it was September of last year that she last saw the light of day. So sad!
This is what she looks like now. I have been working diligently on nothing but her since the 1st! Interesting how much you have to show when you concentrate you time on one piece!!
I am determined to work on just this piece until it is finished!! Hopefully, that will be soon. I am aiming for the end of the month, or sooner if I can keep the distractions down to a minimum!!
So that's all I have for now. Thanks for stopping by to visit and hope you're all enjoying your stitching as much as I am!! Laura