Monday, February 24, 2014

Olympics Stitching, IH&SW, etc.

   After the completion of AW 1662, a long project not just materially but also in time,  the call went out for  a replacement in the rotation.  I know I had mentioned going back to work on Ann Bowers and although she is still on the list to finish this year, I needed the fun of a new start!
   At the end of last year, when I was making plans for this year's stitching, I kitted about a dozen charts.  With Thy Needle and Thread is one of my favorite designers and Brenda's Needleworker's Sampler was in that stack just calling out my name!  I didn't start it right at the beginning of the Olympics since I was finishing up my SAL stitching but not too shortly after, I think about the 10th.
  Since I am doing this as a combo report, I hope this will make sense in the end!!  This is how far I had gotten by the start of  IH&SW which was this past weekend.  I thought I would be farther along than I was by then but actually watching the events really slows things down!!

40 ct. French Vanilla Swirl with listed colors
(this pic is most true to color)

   After IH&SW, this is where I am now.




And this is what the whole thing looks like now.  So, so cute and I just love the border!!



   It is close to the end, just the verse and the bottom of the border.  I hope to have it finished in the next couple of days.  We are supposed to have a snow day on Wednesday so that should give me the time I need to wrap it all up.
    I was also going to give my Stitch From Stash report but I think I will save that for next time.  Lets just say I was NOT a good girl like so many others!!


6 comments:

  1. Your sampler stitching is really beautiful. Wonderful progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sampler. A new to me designer to check out. Thank you. Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is in my basket of must stitches. Thanks for sharing your great progress!! Maybe I will start it sometime this year also :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sampler! You have been doing some serious stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful Laura! I agree, hard to stitch and watch the Olympics. Usually I can listen and watch TV but with the Olympics you had to actually watch or miss things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good, girl! As usual, stitching perfection.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, they make me smile!