Sunday, June 29, 2014

What Happened to IH&SW this Month??

    I'm not sure if I am losing track of time or what exactly is going on lately.  I thought it was IH&SW last weekend but there was no mention of it on the blogs.  So I thought maybe I didn't have the date right and it was really this weekend.  But once again, no mention of it anywhere on the blogs.  So basically, I had 2 IH&SW's this month all by my self and have been carrying on like a crazy fool!!
   First, I finished out the alphabets and adjoining borders on Summer at Hollyberry Farm.


Then I added my stripe for the week to One Nation.



 Then I totally lost my mind and decided I really needed to start that piece that I borrowed from my friend so I could get it stitched and return her chart.  Lovely Scottish reproduction I've wanted to stitch for a while.

36 ct Lakeside linen w/ Au ver a soie silks
Looks huge compared to what I usually stitch on!!

Agnes Scott by With My Needle
It should look very similar to this once I get it finished.  Hopefully not too long from now!!  But she's a big girl and we'll have to see if I can keep her in the current rotation.
  Then, since I had totally lost my mind, I decided I needed to start something else off my bucket list.  Not an actual list down on paper yet but I know them when I see them, or when they keep popping up in my head!
This is Giovanni's Alphabet by Tempting Tangles.  Just a small start so far but more than I would have gotten done if I was stitching it on the recommended 28 ct over one!


I am stitching this one on 45 ct Lakeside Meadow Rue (I think), over 2, with the called for threads.  I have had it kitted for an age and figured now was just as good a time as any to start.  Love the colors!!!  It is an interesting combination of overdyed cotton and silk.


   So, I got 2 new pieces started and what did I do???  Why I went back to the one I REALLY want to be working on, of course!  This is where I am on SaHBF.  I am loving this stitch and may just work it until its done!!

      Maybe yes, maybe no.  We'll have to see what's in store for the week.  I have really been free wheeling it to keep my stitching mojo going.  I usually have a big summer stitching slump. Not sure exactly why but it happens just about every year.  I'm hoping to keep thing moving by only working on pieces I am excited about at the time and seeing where that takes me.  Should be interesting if nothing else!!!

Hope you're having as much fun with your stitching as I am,  Laura

5 comments:

  1. You have so many wonderful projects going on! Summer at Hollyberry Farm is a favorite of mine. The Scottish alphabet is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice starts there! I'd be going back to Summer at Hollyberry Farms too! So pretty. The Scottish repro is great also. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Laura! Lots of great projects! I love them all! That Scottish sampler is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your projects! Summer at Hollyberry Farm is one of my favorites ~ very pretty! We can't have you in a stitching slump, so whatever you need to do to avoid one is just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful progress on Summer at Hollyberry Farm and good starts on the new ones! Enjoy your stitching!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, they make me smile!